When a death occurs
What to do when a death has occurred
If you need immediate attention, please call us at (954) 566-7621.
Contact the doctor, hospice nurse or police if necessary. Have the nurse, police officer, hospital, nursing home or medical examiner contact Kalis – McIntee Funeral & Cremation Center by calling (954) 566-7621.
When we receive the call, we will ask these questions:
- Full name of the deceased
- Location where death occurred, is the decedent still at this location?
- Date and time of death.
- The name of the next of kin, the relationship to the deceased and contact information.
- The name and phone number of the doctor who will be certifying the death certificate.
Then we will:
Dispatch our personnel to bring your loved one into our care, 24 hours a day.
Contact the next of kin listed on the information provided to set an appointment time for you to come to our office to complete the arrangements. If you are unable to meet with us in person we can email you the necessary forms to initiate the process. If the death occurs late at night, we will contact you in the morning.
The following information will be needed to complete the arrangements.
- Deceased full legal name
- Home address
- Deceased Social Security number
- Date of birth
- Place of birth (city/town, state or foreign country)
- Date of death
- Place of death (city/town, county)
- Legal marital status
- Father's name
- Mother's maiden name
- Veteran's discharge papers (DD-214)
- Highest level of education completed at the time of death
- Decedents occupation (type of work done during most of working life)